Selection of Publications, Videos, and other Press:
Video & Audio
- Interview with Mixed & Mastered: Turntable Kitsch curator Hayley McSwain.
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft for Women's History Month. 2016.
- Creative Spirit Interview with Artist Strong. 2015.
- A Really Slow Magician: Interview on Art for Your Ear Podcast with the Jealous Curator. 2015.
- 8 Artists Working In the Delightfully Bizarre World of Contemporary Ceramics by Priscilla Frank. Huffington Post Arts. 2015
- Ceramic Animals Grafted Into Frankenfurries by L.R. Gjording. Beautiful/Decay. 2014
- The Jealous Curator. Featured Post 2011 & 2014.
- Field Projects Gallery August Feature, 2014.
- The Monstrously Quaint Oddities of Debra Broz by Jackie Stone, the Austin Post. 2012.
- New Superstars of Southern Art. Oxford American Magazine Online, March. 2011.
- Artist Spotlight by Carolyn Harrold. Tribeza Magazine. Spring, 2011.
- East Austin Studio Tour Highlights by Andrea Mellard, might be good…online art journal, November. 2008.
- The Art of Ceramics edited by Caroline Amell. Book. Monsa Press, Barcelona. 2015.
From the publisher:
[This book features] "different artists, who accentuate their messages through images, transforming ceramics into a visual identity, the objective of which is to inspier the sense of subtlety, humour, the condemnation of aspects of the consumer society..."
- Interview with Debra Broz by Oli Manning. Jungle Arts & Culture Magazine, London. July/August issue. 2014.
Click here for link to magazine. (Jump to page 187 or use search function on lower right and search "Broz")
- DIY Delight in the Heart of Texas by Jeanne Claire van Ryzin. American Craft Magazine. February/March issue. 2013.
"[Broz] deftly combines seemingly anomalous parts of vintage, commercially produced animal figurines into beguiling, enigmatic works of art. With a tender respect, Broz transforms the kitsch into something that straddles the familiar and the strange"
- Artist Spotlight, Tribeza Arts & Culture Magazine. February Issue. 2012.
- Austin Chronicle: Hummel Gone Wild by Wayne Allen Brenner, November 11 Print Issue. 2011.
- New Art in Austin: 15 to Watch Exhibition Catalog. Essay on Broz's work by co-curator Kate Bonansinga. 2011.
“The objects speak of the ethical challenges of new science and of the subtle altering of information to the point that the original truth is lost. They question the location and validity of the line between the highbrow and the lowbrow. They emphasize the power of sentiment and suggest that when we fall prey to nostalgia and all seems perfect, there is probably something amiss.“
- Print Lives, Review: Fifth-Business: Mark Johnson & Debra Broz by Wayne Allen Brenner, Austin Chronicle, March 4 Print Issue. 2010.
- Gender Agenda review by Norene Cashen, with focus on Broz's work. Detroit Metro-Times. August. 2008.
Video & Audio
- Craftworks Dialogue, Episode 7. Interview conducted by Brian Johnson. 2013.
- In Context- New Art in Austin: 15 to Watch, KLRU-PBS Austin Television Program, Spring. 2011.
- Portraits of Artists as Art: Debra Broz. Short film by Arden Durham.
- KLRU Collective: Debra Broz on East Austin Studio Tour. Studio Interview, November. 2010.